Saturday, October 24, 2009

Let the Nervousness Commence

The publisher I queried last month got back to me this morning.

They want to see Teahouse.

Now I just have to go over the whole thing to make sure it’s exactly what I want it to be, make some last minute alterations and possibly add some material. This is the first novel-length work I’ve ever completed, and no matter how much work I do to it it’s going to feel strange. I’ve got nothing else in my history to compare it to and, thusly, no benchmarks with which to gauge its quality.

I’m not going to go into details about the publisher or the response I got, but it was very positive and really made my morning. If things work out I’ll more than likely detail the whole thing here.

Crossing my fingers and launching OpenOffice as I write this. It’s going to be a long night.

No comments: